What makes today’s house market different from the “housing bubble” in 2008?
- New construction single-family homes flooded the market,
- Lending standards were incredibly loose
- Many homeowners were cashing out their equity left and right.
Today’s market is nearly the exact opposite.
Since the housing crash of 2008:
- Lending standards have tightened
- The market is under-supplied rather than over-supplied on inventory
- Most homeowners are much more cautious with their equity
Plus, housing market experts are forecasting continued price appreciation this year, as demand continues to outweigh home supply.
Do you agree? What differences have you seen? We’d love to chat! Leave us a comment below or Call or Text Michele: (561) 762-6420